Hello,

sporadically, I observe a strange but serious problem in our large NFS environment. NFS servers are Linux and OS X with StorNext/Xsan cluster filesystems, NFS clients Linux and FreeBSD.

NFS client A changes a file, but nfs client B (running on FreeBSD) does still see the old version. On the NFS server itself, everything looks fine.

Afaik the FreeBSD kernel invalidates the NFS read cache if file modification time on the server changed which should happen here but doesn't. Can I force FreeBSD (e.g. by sysctl setting) to read file buffers again unconditionally after vfs.nfs.access_cache_timeout seconds have passed?

Best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheu...@gwdg.de