On Tue, 19 May 2009, xorquew...@googlemail.com wrote:

On 2009-05-18 18:36:15, Daniel Eischen wrote:
Hmm, if the system binutils is 2.15, then it should build
as a cross.  You can do a cross build of all FreeBSD - I
think you just set TARGET="amd64" to build amd64 from
a different arch.  Part of this process should be to
create a cross binutils toolset.

Ok.

Silly question - is it actually possible to build contrib/binutils
(including TARGET=amd64) without building the whole tree? Trying
the obvious:

 cd /usr/obj
 /usr/src/contrib/binutils/configure \
   --target=x86_64-pc-freebsd7.2     \
   --host=i386-pc-freebsd7.2         \
   --build=i386-pc-freebsd7.2        \
   --prefix=/cross/x86_64

.. Didn't work (didn't really expect it to).

I've not done a cross build before, but I'd look in
src/Makefile.inc1 if you want to try to build it
piecemeal (see the target for cross-tools).

--
DE