Stanislav Sedov wrote:
Yes, it should be possible to monitor files written to via mmapped region
with EVFILT_VNODE kevents.  Please note, however, that changes to mmapped
region may be propagated to the files not immediately depending on the
region attributes.

From kqueue(2) I don't see how to get details (offsets/sizes) of write/extend events on the file.
When I ask filter EVFILT_VNODE to monitor events NOTE_EXTEND and NOTE_WRITE
kevent returns when any of them occur and it even ors NOTE_EXTEND and NOTE_WRITE
flags in the output kevent structure. It gives no further details.

So my question is largely open: how to monitor actual reads/writes on the file?

Yuri