On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Antony Mawer wrote:

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Alexander Best
<alexbes...@math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:
hi everyone,

together with hugh mahon (the author of ee) i've been trying to fix a nasty
bug in ee. for some reason ee exits (not crashes) and leaves the console
corrupted when receiving SIGWINCH (`killall -SIGWINCH ee` should exit all
running ee instances).

I noticed this the other day when working on a new 8.0-RC1 system...
in my case I was using putty (Windows ssh client) to access the system
and maximised the window I had ee running in, and noticed ee just
dumped me straight to the prompt.

Seems a good start might be to compile ncurses with -g, link ee against it, put a breakpoint on the SIGWINCH handler, and start single stepping...

--

Nate Eldredge
n...@thatsmathematics.com