Daniel O'Connor <doconnor <at> gsoft.com.au> writes:

> <snark>
> Why not get Sun and HP to change killall to match Linux & *BSD
> behaviour?
> </snark>
>
> Although seriously, why not? killall just killing everything is a fairly
> dangerous command with almost no use in the real world.

Because I find that when I send feedback to closed-source software vendors, I
often get no reply at all.

But if any of you want to file an OpenSolaris bug or write to HP or any other of
the Unix vendors who ship a dangerous killall command (I think most do), feel
free.  Please let us know that you've done so, to help us avoid duplication.