Steve Polyack wrote:
We have multiple systems using LSILogic PERC4 cards (PERC4e/Si, PERC4/DC, amr driver). After recently upgrading two of them from 6.3 to 7.1, we have begun to see the following errors in our logs during heavy use in both systems: amr0: Too many retries on command 0xffffffff80a4da58. Controller is likely dead amr0: Too many retries on command 0xffffffff80a4eaa8. Controller is likely dead amr0: Too many retries on command 0xffffffff80a497a0. Controller is likely dead amr0: Too many retries on command 0xffffffff80a4eaa8. Controller is likely dead

However, the system continues working and the volumes remain accessible. This happens on the PERC4/DC controllers in both systems. Firmware version is 352D. MegaCLI reports no problems.

Has anyone else seen these messages? A google search turns up nothing but results in the driver code. Is this something we should be worried about? We won't be moving any other systems to 7.1 until we can clear this up.

The fix for this that I was thinking of is already in 7.1. There might still be a driver bug, but I'm leaning more towards the controller simply being busy. Do you have a reproducible test case that I could
try?

Scott