On 13 nov. 2009, at 23:27, Alexander Motin wrote:

I am not sure it is productive way. There is too many assumptions. Even
if it fix problems with disk, I am not sure your WiFi will work after
that. Even if assume that problem is localized inside south bridge (you
can't know that), there could be problems with other devices (LAN, for
example).

Yep, I know that, but I've ask for help many times, and nobody was able to help me. May be this problem is too complex, or may be next time I should buy less exotic hardware (TYAN Tiger i7520SD is not what I would call a mainstream motherboard).

What's about changing SATA1 with SATA2 - I think you won't notice any
difference. Most of disks are not so fast to congest SATA1, while other
bonuses like NCQ are not supported by 6.4 any way.

oh crap. No NCQ ?
But well, I'm planning a migration to 8.x during next year, for both local and remote servers (and new hardware for the remote server).

pat