Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a soundcard that "just works" under FreebSD. So far I've considered the following cards:

M-Audio Audiophile 2496 or 192: Although they are cards built mostly for recording, I've read many reviews about the outstanding playback quality in these cards. The drawback is that many users also advice buying a mixer or amp for headphone listening.

Asus Xonar Essence STX: This card seems very, very good. However, I only found one topic about them with FreeBSD on opensound.com forum, with no information about its recording capability, which for me is basically needed for voice chat only. The only hope I have about this card is the annoucement made for FreeBSD OSS 4.2 Build 2004 which apparently includes support for Asus Xonar DS/STX.

HT Omega Claro Plus+: Many good reviews, but none related to FreeBSD. Couldn't tell so far if this board seems to have any support.

Thanks in advance,
--
Rodrigo