My server has 8 "hot-plug" slots, that can accept both SATA and SAS drives.
SATA ones tend to be cheaper for the same features (like cache-sizes), what am
I getting for the extra money spent on SAS?

Asking specifically about the protocol differences... It would seem, for
example, SATA can not be as easily hot-plugged, but with camcontrol(8) that
should not be a problem, right? What else? Thank you!
--
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.

--
Sent from mobile device, please, pardon shorthand.