On 03/01/2018 21:51, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
Some people cuss at Broadcom, some people swear by them.   I don't own
any of there cards, but I have never had problems with the inbuilt
broadcom nics in any of my dell servers.

I've been using Broadcom for years, integrated on Dell motherboards, and they're fast and reliable. HOWEVER, there are long-term problems with the driver and WoL. If that's not important to you, it doesn't matter. They're (theoretically) faster than Realtek and better bang per buck than Intel IME.

https://blog.frankleonhardt.com/2013/freebsd-wake-on-lan-and-hp-microservers-wol-compatible-ethernet/

Regards, Frank.