On Friday 02 June 2006 07:17, Max Laier wrote:
> mlaier      2006-06-02 05:17:17 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     sbin/ipfw            ipfw2.c
>   Log:
>   Print dynamic rules for IPv6 as well.
>
>   PR:             bin/98349
>   Submitted by:   Mark Andrews
>   MFC after:      2 weeks
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.90      +15 -5     src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw2.c

It's highly confusing that we have {src,dst}_{ip,port} in host byte order
while {src,dst}_ip6 are in network byte order.  I think that keeping network
byte order in the kernel and doing flipping in userland where needed would be
beneficial.  It should also be possible to unify IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in
an union, sockaddr_storage or the like.

Anyone looking for a fun project to tackle? ;)

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]