(Please CC: me, as I am not subscribed.)

Hello:
        I'm rebuilding a machine with today's source, and have run into
a confusion.
        Section 30.6.1 of the Handbook says:

                IPFW is included in the basic FreeBSD install as a
                separate run time loadable module. The system will
                dynamically load the kernel module when the rc.conf
                statement firewall_enable="YES" is used. There is no need
                to compile IPFW into the FreeBSD kernel unless NAT
                functionality is desired.

        Section 30.6.2 of the Handbook says:

options    IPDIVERT

        This enables the use of NAT functionality.

        However, section 31.9.3 says:

        The kernel features for network address translation with
        natd(8) are not enabled in the GENERIC kernel, but they can be
        preloaded at boot time, by adding a couple of options to
        /boot/loader.conf:

                ipfw_load="YES"
                ipdivert_load="YES"

        Also:

huff@> find /boot/kernel -name "ipf*.ko"
/boot/kernel/ipfw.ko
/boot/kernel/ipfw_nat.ko

        ?????
        What is the current working and prefered way to get ipfw+NAT
working?

        Respectfully,

                                                Robert Huff