Hi to all.

That's my first post to this list, and I want to tanks all the guys who spend
their time helping the FreeBSD Community to obtain the most from this wonderful
OS, and I'll be glad to grow my experience as fast as possible to be able to
donate my modest contribute too.

Coming from a MSFT professional experience, I've been particularly impressed by
the FreeBSD jail system, and I'm using the ezjail framework to manage some
jails on a FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE host in a pre-production environment.
To track the security branch both on the host and the jails I'm using the
"update from source" method: I synchronize the source tree with csup(1), build
and install the kernel, build and install the userland for the host first and
then for the jails (using the ezjail-admin(1) "update -i" switch).

All that is working fine now, but I wonder if I could speed up the whole
process, by switching to the binary update method. By using the
freebsd-update(8) utility on the host I think to maintain the system cleaner
(this utility only updates the installed distributions) and to reduce the
administrative effort (no mergemaster(8) required, I'm right?).

Do you think my thinking is right, or there are some aspects I'm missing? (As I
said, I'm not a very experienced FreeBSD sysadmin) :)

TIA

Andrew