Thank you so much Philipp, I'll get the CVS version as soon as possible. In the
meantime
I tried to add support for FIBs to the ports version and (that's incredible!)
it seems
to function!  Excuse my enthusiasm, but it's not my job, and I really need
multiple
routing table support, since I maintain a few host running multiple jails in
different
IP subnets (and each subnet has a different default gateway). Until now I have
"manipulated" traffic to/from jails using a couple of simple PF rules, but these
rudimentary patches (see the attachments) finally let me leverage the multiple
FIBs
feature on my FreeBSD RELENG_7_2 hosts.

I assume the ROUTETABLES kernel options has been included, and I make
ezjail-admin to insert the variable jail_${jailname}_fib to "0" in each new
jail's
definition file under ${ezjail_prefix}/etc/ezjail/.An administrator has to
assign
the correct FIB number to this variable, and both the scripts ezjail.sh and
ezjail-admin read its value before starting or creating a console session
for the registered jail.

I can't wait to test all new ezjail features from the current CVS release!

Greetings

Andrew

> Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:41:19 +0100
> From: cryx-free...@h3q.com
> To: andrew.hot...@hotmail.com
> CC: b...@ipt.ru; freebsd-questi...@k-moeller.dk; freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: ezjail.flavour
>
> Andrew Hotlab wrote:
>> I think ezjail urgently needs some updates in order not to remain behind the
>> new
>> features in FreeBSD which can dramatically improve the jail system usage
>> (vnet,
>> ZFS, multiple FIB support, etc). I'm not a shell script expert, but my
>> everyday
>> work gives me the chance to have a pretty high-level view on what is needed.
>> I'll be
>> glad to be contacted off-list by someone with some shell scripting skills
>> and a few
>> hours of spare time to spend with me on this very useful tool.
>
> The ezjail ports version is heavily outdated, the CVS version is much
> more up-to-date. The cvs version has support for jails in dedicated
> ZFS-datasets etc. Currently I'm working on support for "zfs jail" in
> ezjail as well as support for FIBs and cpusets.
>
> I commited your patch to the CVS.
>
> greetings,
> philipp
>
> PS: there is a dedicated ezjail mailinglist
> http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#Author

Windows Live: Friends get your Flickr, Yelp, and Digg updates when they e-mail
you.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_3:092010