On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 09:34:40AM -0700, Mickey Harvey wrote:
>When I boot up my host rc hangs at "starting jails:" indefinitely. If i
>Control^C during the hang boot continues as usual so I login ,run jls and
>the jail appears to have started correctly. I can login to the jail as usual
>using "jexec 1 sh". I'm using 8.2-RELEASE i386 on a VirtualBox VM. My rc is
>set up as follows:
>
>ifconfig_em0="DHCP"
>ifconfig_em0_alias0="10.0.2.16 netmask 255.255.255.255"
>jail_enable="YES"
>jail_list="www"
>jail_www_rootdir="/usr/local/
>jails/www"
>jail_www_hostname="www"
>jail_www_ip="10.0.2.16"
>jail_www_devfs_enable="YES"

Take a look over the jail(8) manual page. There are some directions in
there for services that you might consider disabling like sendmail etc.

I would suspect that sendmail got stuck here and is waiting for its FQDN
to resolve but wont because for whatever reason it can't find it.

--

 Regards,
 J. Hellenthal