On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 03:13:15PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:

> > lastly, you could implement DPF :-)
> > (it's part of the exokernel project) (MIT)
>
> That looks like fun, but this is a Need It Now kinda thing, so I
> guess I'll roll my own in the tried-and-true fashion.
>
> In my Copious Free Time(tm), maybe I'll poke at DPF; it looked
> neat...

good luck. there is no i386 vcode, so dpf is fairly useless to freebsd
right now. rumors of existing i386 code have been floating around, I've
e-mailed lots of people about it but haven't been able to come up with
actual code. just more names and rumors.

plus there are license issues that thorpej pointed out to me.

its a really cool idea, though...

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]