If memory serves me right, John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> On 2001.08.21 15:42 Harkirat Singh wrote:
> >
> > Hello Julian,
> >
> >     As a student while doing my project I surfed a lot for SACK
> > patch
> > in FreeBSd Release4.3. I felt that if someone like me in need of SACK
> > src
> > can use it and can save time in writing the code. That was the only
> > purpose to send the previous mail in the newsgroup.
> >
> > I am not sure what do you mean by -current version.
> >

> A verions of your code that will compile/run on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT.  It's
> the bleeding edge developer branch of the FreeBSD code.  Someone correct
> me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll need to build a -CURRENT machine to
> do this.  Then ensure/port the code to (hopefully) compile/run on both
> 4.3/4.4 and 5.

(...picking a random message to reply to...)

A meta-point...Harkirat was nice enough to post these diffs publically.
He never said anything about committing these to -CURRENT or 4-STABLE,
but just put them up for people to look at if they were interested.  I
don't know if committing them is even something he wants to deal with,
although hopefully that *is* the case.  I'm worried that he's going to
get scared away by all the things that he "has to do".

No one else has said it yet, but thanks Harkirat for letting us know
about your code.  As you know, a number of people have asked about this
functionality in the past.  I haven't read the code closely yet, but I
think it'd be great if this *is* a version that can go into -CURRENT,
and eventually 4-STABLE.

Peace,

Bruce.

PGP signature