--On 2002-01-18 21:30:00 -0800 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> netgraph: sendto(.dummy): Bad address
>
> Hmm.. I wonder if the problem is that this has never worked :-)

That would explain why I couldn't find any examples on using this ;-)

> That is, maybe setsockopt() is expecting the value pointer to point
> into user memory, while ng_ksocket is using a pointer that points
> into kernel memory?
>
> In which case, I don't know how to go about fixing it.. Julian?

This is what I did to make it work for me. A better fix would probably be
around the struct proc definition.  If fact, you had noted "broken"
probably as a memo to fix something here...

        struct proc *p = curproc ? curproc : &proc0;    /* XXX broken */

*** ng_ksocket.c.orig   Sat Jan 19 11:05:28 2002
--- ng_ksocket.c        Sat Jan 19 11:45:23 2002
***************
*** 759,765 ****
                        sopt.sopt_name = ksopt->name;
                        sopt.sopt_val = ksopt->value;
                        sopt.sopt_valsize = valsize;
!                       sopt.sopt_p = p;
                        error = sosetopt(so, &sopt);
                        break;
                    }
--- 759,765 ----
                        sopt.sopt_name = ksopt->name;
                        sopt.sopt_val = ksopt->value;
                        sopt.sopt_valsize = valsize;
!                       sopt.sopt_p = 0;
                        error = sosetopt(so, &sopt);
                        break;
                    }

Florent.