Hi Luigi,

> It's just a naming issue, vmnetX is the network-device name of /dev/tapX.
> (the ip-equivalent thing, "tun", has the same name for both the network
> device and the device entry in the filesystem. As a matter of fact the
> latter is totally arbitrary so "tun" perhaps should be called "vmnet"...)

But when I do a ifconfig, only tapX devices are there, where there is no vmnetX
devices. And when I set up the bridge with vmnetX, the kernel will complain
that the vmnetX devices do not exist. Do I need to perform a makedev on it
first to create the devices? If so, do they have a special major and minor
number that I should assign it to?

Bernie