On Friday 10 September 2004 21:18, Valentin Nechayev wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a stable way to determine original interface name (before
> any renaming) in 5.3? I.e. as driver + sequence number?

From inside the kernel you can use ifnet.if_dname + ifnet.if_dunit, from the
userland I don't know if it's possible to get a look at those fields.

In any way, I suggest not to do that. ifnet.if_xname is supposed to be *the*
name of the interface. There is no such thing as "original name".

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]