On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:36:05 -0700, Fargo Holiday
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> howdy, did you ever get this resolved? if not, could you kindly ask a
> DSL support tech to get the people that own the line to watch it while
> your connection fails? i agree that it's probably something hinky on
> the isp end, since chances are pretty good (if it's like where i
> worked) that your dsl connection is even hooked up to the same
> equipment at the telco. i remember that we had a hell of a time
> getting people on Macs to stay connected, even though the Windows port
> of the same software worked like a charm.

I still havent got it resolved, the ISP people are going to check it
out when they have time.

I recently tried OpenBSD becouse i noted that it uses pppoe(8) instead
of netgraph(4), but it had the exact same issues.

Maybe i can get the ISP guy to reply with what equipment they are
using, and you can see if it is the same as you.

Regards.