> Sure.  To make you sleep better it will be disabled by default (like
> T/TCP) and possibly even not compliled in by default (#ifdef'd).

Part of your argument against T/TCP. :-)

> A writeup will follow once I get there.  I made this request before I
> start working on it to prevent to waste my time on it if people wanted
> to religiously stick to T/TCP.

I think moving on from T/TCP is fine, don't get me wrong.  And, I am all
for seeing new schemes that buy us some of the things T/TCP was designed
for.  I am just not enthusiastic about dumping things into the kernel
without some review and thought (by more than one person; and, that is
not a knock on you --- if I had a nickel for every half-baked thing I'd
implemented somewhere .... basically, it's good to get different
perspectives).

Doing this in a systematic way may have benefits beyond FreeBSD, as
well, of course.

allman