Pawel Malachowski wrote:

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 03:38:08PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

I'd suggest to choose PPPoE, not PPTP, because the latter is quite
complicated and violated by some client implementation. You will
not find any problems with PPPoE, since ng_pppoe is compatible with
all known PPPoE implementations.

This is what I am currently looking at. I am considering PPTP only because client is already available in Windows machines for free. While in XP PPPoE is already in, I don't see free PPPoE clients for Win9x. I am a bit worried about behaviour in lossy WiFi environments; I'll give it a try in free time, I guess.

I use them both(PPTP and PPPoE) on every machine serving as access concentrator - and leave decision of "what to use" to the client side :).
(btw there are PPPoE clients for win98 - RASPPPoE it was I think).