On Mar 16, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Bart Van Kerckhove wrote:

Any quick hacks you have in mind that could allow multiple copies of the
same route / pfxlen in the freebsd routingtable?
Doesn't even need to have metrics in kernel-level, the point of the whole thing (for now) would be to be able to insert an additional route with the same prefix, and delete the previousy set route *afterwards*. Which is what
ospfd/zebra would do.
Any insights / hacks / other dirty things are very appreciated.
For all others following this thread: "we'd be happy to sponsor its
development" still is in effect ;)

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Yes, this kind of patch would work for me. I would expect anybody running BGP/OSPF/RIP will have an external process injecting routes into the local table. I can help with testing.

- mike