[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all

situation: got freebsd box working as NAT for my local network. In kernel
config there is an option PIM.
FYI, PIM is now the default in -CURRENT; the option has been removed. You should be able to load multicast routing with PIM as a loadable kernel module in -CURRENT.
I want my hosts behind NAT to receive multicast streams. I`ve seen in
Debian in pimdd.conf undocumented option rp_address, which stands for
rendevous point IP address
(http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pimd/pimd_2.1.0-alpha29.17-6.diff.gz).
PIM-DM (Dense mode) does not use the Rendezvous Point.
Is there any way to specify rendevous point in freebsd via pimd.conf or
mrouted ?
Try XORP, in ports/net/xorp; it supports PIM-SM (Sparse mode) which is probably what you want for this kind of network configuration.

Normally the RP for a given group or set of groups is discovered using the Auto-RP feature of PIM-SM however, they may be statically configured; see the 'static-rps {}' configuration block in XORP's PIM-SM.

Regards,
BMS