On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 11:36 +0000, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> Alexandru Arion wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for both suggestions. Since I'll support version 5.4 and up, this
> > leaves me to using the workaround implied by calling accept and checking
> > the returned value, for now.
> >
> Erm. It looks like it's implemented in 5.4 as well, although you might
> have mentioned in your original mail you were working with a legacy
> version of FreeBSD. :^)

Tried it on fresh install of 5.4: compiled the source locally, run, got
error "Protocol not available". Same code works on Linux.

By replacing SO_ACCEPTCONN with SO_REUSEADDR, or any other option that
appears in the manual page for 5.4, the program works correctly.

Bruce, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Alex.