Hello,

I'm the FreeBSD nfe driver from
http://www.f.csce.kyushu-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html
with FreeBSD 6-stable with good results for the most part. The only
issue I've experienced is that during a detach/shutdown of if_nfe, the
IPMI IP address I have set on my servers ceases to respond as well as
the ability to manage the servers.

I traced the problem down to nfe_stop() and the fact that it completely
disables the Rx and Tx on the NIC. I have patched the driver to not
disable the Rx/Tx and IPMI continues to work after a 'ifconfig nfe0
down', 'shutdown -p now', etc.

Does anyone have any comments on this change I've made and any possible
side effects? Can this be included in the mainstream distribution of the
nfe drivers (and updated in 7-CURRENT) without causing any adverse
problems?

Thanks,

Robert S Wojciechowski / ExpressYard

810.953.3799 x200 / cell 248.872.4509