Cristian KLEIN a écrit :
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> I'm looking to do some consulting on a project that will involve wireless
>> networks ... since, if it goes forward, I'm going to be the "Unix person",
>> so,
>> of course, the unix side will be FreeBSD ...
>>
>> ... but, I haven't used wireless at all under FreeBSD ... what do we support
>> *well*?  The machine(s) are going to be remote, so I'd like to go with
>> something that is generally felt to be 'consistently reliable' vs 'cheap'
>> or, at least, somewhere in the middle ground would be nice :)

Go with ralink or atheros based cards. They are available under various
names from a bunch of vendors. They work well and can be used to build
access points.

If you choose a ralink based card, and use freebsd 6, update the driver
to include support for the latest chipsets are these are the ones that
are usually available.

Patrick.