Ingo Flaschberger wrote:
Dear Steve,

My next "router" appliance will be:
http://www.axiomtek.com.tw/products/ViewProduct.asp?view=429

This is exactly the device that I have been testing with (just rebranded).

cool.
what performace do you reach?

It's hard to say right now as I've really only been testing it with BGP and mpd. The only pps testing I've done have been with 100Mbps hosts as the only cards I have for hosts on either side are 're' cards which I have bad luck with.

I should be getting more Intel GigE cards today, so I'll be testing proper pps throughput tomorrow.

On a side, do you know where I can keep track of driver progress for 're'? I have a boatload of these cards and can't get them to operate properly under any version of FreeBSD.

If anyone has any specific tests that they want run on this box, including any tweaking, let me know.

Also, I run this box by booting it from USB thumbdrive, so it's trivial for me to simply dd the thumbdrive to another, and have multiple configurations.

Steve