Mungyung Ryu wrote:
Hi freeBSD users,

I've developed couple of server applications on Windows platform with ACE
Proactor
and it worked quite well. But, because of the expensive Windows Server,
I wanna move to Linux or freeBSD.

Recently, I'm considering to build a server application on freeBSD but the
important issue
is whether the freeBSD supports ACE Proactor framework.
I googled about it and Linux doesn't support it well because Linux doesn't
support AIO (asynchronous I/O) on socket.
Moreover, most of the ACE professionals recommend to use Reactor framework
on Linux.

My questions is..

1. freeBSD supports AIO on socket?
Yes
2. I can use ACE Proactor framework on freeBSD 7.0 without any problem? Is
it stable?
It works, although the same Linux recommendation stands for FreeBSD. Reactor had much more love then the Proactor on Unices.