Hi,

Eugene Perevyazko wrote:
You have to look at keep-alive settings to terminate dead connections.
And why don't you try an mpd (/usr/ports/net/mpd) that is perfectly suited
to manage hundreds and thousands of simultaneous ppp (and PPPoE in particular)
connections? It's fast, flexible and easy to setup both as server and client.

As Luiz suggested, I've changed the config to:

enable lqr echo
set echoperiod 5

which sorts my problem out just fine.

I did look into using mpd - mainly to compare which works best for our situation. However, I was having trouble making any PPPoE connections come up when using mpd; I suspect that this is me not fully understanding what I'm doing - and although I've done quite a bit of looking, I can't find any good example configurations for a PPPoE server using mpd (I'm sure they exist!). Do you have any pointers for this?

Regards,

Paul.