Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Thursday, March 19, 2009 a las 08:44:29AM -0700, Sam Leffler escribió:

Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Tuesday, March 17, 2009 a las 11:56:24AM -0700, Sam Leffler escribió:

His setup is static key wep; not wpa so I don't think wpa_supplicant is the issue.

Matthias, your tcpdump of the dhclient packets isn't usable; please try:

tcpdump -i ath0 -n -y IEEE802_11_RADIO

I reviewed the driver to the code in HEAD and the only difference in the crypto area should not matter in this case. It's possible wme is somehow enabled and causing problems but the ifconfig output doesn't indicate that.

If you can find out the model of ap that might be helpful. Unfortunately the best thing to try is HEAD.

I've updated /usr/src/sys to HEAD, configured a kernel based on the new GENERIC
(without any changes), compiled it and installed it;

the kernel crashes on loading (note: on loading, not on booting):
http://www.unixarea.de/trap.jpg

i.e. without knowing any inconsistency of user land or file system; what I
did wrong?

This looks like a longstanding bug in handling modules loaded by loader that have undefined references (e.g. because your kernel is misconfigured).

In general I don't think you're going to get very far booting a HEAD kernel against RELENG_7 world. This will certainly not work for wireless where you need all the changes to ifconfig. If you're trying to test HEAD you will want a separate partition with a fresh install/build of HEAD.

   Sam