Hi folks,

A couple of days ago I sent a mail to this list detailing an issue I have. To summarize: every once in a while my ::1 address on lo0 is replaced with another ipv6-address that's configured on lo3 and used in a child jail of a jail. I've been digging a bit through the FreeBSD source code and found a possible spot where this may occur.

In the function in6_selectsrc() in /sys/netinet6/in6_src.c the following code can be found:

TAILQ_FOREACH(ia, &V_in6_ifaddrhead, ia_link) {

        prison_local_ip6(cred, &ia->ia_addr.sin6_addr,
                (inp != NULL &&
                (inp->inp_flags & IN6P_IPV6_V6ONLY) != 0)) != 0)
                continue;
}

prison_local_ip6() appears to replace a loopback address with a jail's main address:
if (IN6_IS_ADDR_LOOPBACK(ia6)) {
        bcopy(&pr->pr_ip6[0], ia6, sizeof(struct in6_addr));

The way I read this code is that it replaces the interface address 'ia' when it is a loopback address with the prison's main address.

Can anyone with more clue about this code tell if I read this correctly and possibly even help with fixing the problem if that is the case?

Thanks,
Pieter