18.01.2011 14:23, Axel Rau пишет:

Am 18.01.2011 um 11:00 schrieb Axel Rau:

The DB server returns its query results successfully until an
oversized message is being sent (with "DF" set), which the GW2 refuses
with an ICMP "unreachable - need to frag (mtu 1492)
I could convince the firewall to defragment the packet itself. (-;
This was a pf issue (I mixed up option "set reassemble" and filteropt
"fragment").

I'm still looking for an answer to question 1:
1. Shouldn't DB2 fragment and resend the packet?

Generally - yes.

Make sure DB2 got ICMP need-frag message and it not blocked.
Also, check sysctl variable 'net.inet.tcp.path_mtu_discovery'.

Hope this helps. :)

--
           Sincerely yours,
                            Artyom Viklenko.