Hi there!

After a few hours of reading list archives and source code I need some
clarification on the current state of FreeBSD forwarding capabilities.

Given the following setup:
- Quad Core CPU
- Intel 82576 NIC (igb)
- 8.2-RELEASE
- Router with BGP full table

1) Queues:
Card and driver seem to have support for multiple TX/RX queues.
How many cores will it use for RX / TX per NIC?

2) Fastforwarding vs multiple netisr:
In the past (6.x) using fastforwarding=1 was the best option for dedicated
routers.
I found "multiple netisr" added to 8.0. Can that help with routing on multiple
cores?
Any experience from using it in production?

3) lagg:
I found lagg(4) mostly mentioned on home user setups.
Any experience with using lagg in high-pps environments? (>100k pps)
Will lagg play nicely together with multiple netisr routing or fastforwarding?
How much overhead will it add versus a single connection?

Thanks a lot

Markus