On 02/09/2011 05:47 PM, Sergey Kandaurov wrote:
On 9 February 2011 12:37, rihad<ri...@mail.ru>  wrote:
Problem solved, I'm so embarrassed :) The issue on 7.2 mentioned above with
ixgbe (tons of "fragmentation failed" errors) was real. The issue in 8.3-RC3
was because dummynet wasn't being loaded at all... so no traffic could pass
on it, despite dummynet_load="YES" being set in /boot/loader.conf. So I
turned it on in /etc/rc.conf : dummynet_enable="YES" and loaded it "kldload
dummynet" in order to do without a reboot. Works like a charm so far. Thanks
to all!

Looks like loading dummynet.ko via /boot/loader.conf doesn't work because
dummynet.ko depends on dummynet.ko but of the different version.

Would dummynet_enable="YES" in rc.conf still work? We haven't yet had a chance to reboot to test that.