I've also posted this in the FreeNAS forum, but hoping I'll have more luck
here.  FreeNAS is built on FreeBSD.
--
I've been working on this for a few days and am about ready to throw in the
towel.Running FreeNAS 0.7.2.5543 (So based on FreeBSD 7.2) on a USB Flash
drive. AFP and SMB working fine.What I wanted to do was enable AFP over IPv6
and then also have Bonjour (mDNSResponderPosix) also advertise the IPv6
locations into Mac Finder's sidebar.So I installed FreeBSD onto a VM to use as
a build machine, first compiled netatalk 2.1.5, moved the relevent bits over to
FreeNAS and with addition of the -ipaddr my:v6:address:: I was able to connect
to my AFP shares with Command-K -- afp://[my:v6:address::]. That was all
fine.The problem is in the Finder sidebar, the advertised services are still
just IPv4. I downloaded Bonjour Browser and from my Apple devices, I can see
various services listed with both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses - from FreeNAS - only
the IPv4 address is broadcast.So then, on my FreeBSD build machine, I setup a
basic mdnsresonder.conf for ssh, and ran the same binary and from the build
machine it also only broadcasts the IPv4 address not both IPv4 and IPv6 and ssh
is listening on both IPv4 and IPv6 - I can ssh to the build machine over IPv4
or IPv6.So this isn't just a FreeNAS issue but a FreeBSD issue - but I think it
should be possible since I can see all my apple devices happily broadcasting
both IPv4 and IPv6 address for a given named service.Anyone have any insight?