On 4/19/2011 11:39 AM, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
Hello, Doug.
You wrote 19 апреля 2011 г., 22:01:20:

    I'm looking for way to setup IPv6 router config on IPv4-configured
node without reboot.
Your best bet is actually to reboot. There are a lot of moving parts,
and it's difficult to catch them all, especially with a gateway setup.

   Does it mean, that, someone'll need to reboot for
renumbering or adding new net segment (for example, I want to add
one more WiFi SSID on this router in future, for public access)? I
don't like this idea.

Neither do I. :) I tried to improve it, but my changes were rejected. Ping hrs@ if you want to talk about your concerns, he's in charge of this stuff now.

Meanwhile, you need to tell us what version of FreeBSD you're using, as
IPv6 configuration is different in all 3 supported branches atm.

   8.2-STABLE

Ok.

Check the ifconfig output. You're looking for the auto link-local and
ifdisabled options. Check the ifconfig man page for what you need to
twiddle.

   ifconfig shows only one "inet6" address for each (manually
configured), and these nd6 flags:

   nd6 options=3<PERFORMNUD,ACCEPT_RTADV>

Re-read what I wrote above. You've got to enable the link-local addresses for each interface.

If that doesn't work, please paste full 'ifconfig' output into your next message.

hth,

Doug

                        -- OK Go