On 01.08.2013 20:07, Joe Moog wrote:
We have an iXsystems 1U server (E5) with an Intel 4-port ethernet NIC
installed, model I350-T4 (manufactured May of 2013). We're trying to bind the 4
ports on this NIC together into a single lagg port, connected LACP to a
distribution switch (Cisco 4900-series). We are able to successfully bind the 2
on-board ethernet ports to a single lagg, however the NIC is not so
cooperative. At first we thought we had a bad NIC, but a replacement has not
fixed the issue. We are thinking there may be a driver limitation with these
Intel ethernet NICs when attempting to bind more than 2 ports to a lagg.

FreeBSD version:
FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #0 r244125: Wed Dec 12 11:47:47 CST 2012

rc.conf:
# LINK AGGREGATION
ifconfig_igb2="UP"
ifconfig_igb3="UP"
ifconfig_igb4="UP"
ifconfig_igb5="UP"
cloned_interfaces="lagg0"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport igb2 laggport igb3 laggport igb4 laggport
igb5"
ifconfig_lagg0="inet 192.168.1.14  netmask 255.255.255.0"
Am I the only one who noticed that you replaced the value of $ifconfig_lagg0 that specifies the proto and the ports with one that specifies just the address?

Merge the two ifconfig_lagg0 lines into one, and it will work infinitely better, or at least no worse.

ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport igb2 laggport igb3 laggport igb4 laggport
igb5 inet 192.168.1.14  netmask 255.255.255.0"

-- Steve