On 3/23/14, 4:57 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:
Christopher Forgeron wrote:

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Rick Macklem < rmack...@uoguelph.ca
wrote:

Christopher Forgeron wrote:
#if defined(INET) || defined(INET6)
/* Initialize to max value. */
if (ifp->if_hw_tsomax == 0)
ifp->if_hw_tsomax = IP_MAXPACKET;
KASSERT(ifp->if_hw_tsomax <= IP_MAXPACKET &&
ifp->if_hw_tsomax >= IP_MAXPACKET / 8,
("%s: tsomax outside of range", __func__));
#endif

Should this be the location where it's being set rather than in
ixgbe? I would assume that other drivers could fall prey to this
issue.

All of this should be prepended with "I'm an NFS guy, not a
networking
guy, so I might be wrong".

Other drivers (and ixgbe for the 82598 chip) can handle a packet that
is in more than 32 mbufs. (I think the 82598 handles 100, grep for
SCATTER
in *.h in sys/dev/ixgbe.)

the Xen backend can not handle mor ethan 32 segments in some versions of Xen.