On 10/21/2014 1:39 PM, Kyle Williams wrote:
On Tue Oct 21 11:35:15 2014, Matthew Grooms wrote:
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for lending a hand. I tested a few myself last night but had no
luck. This morning I received an email off list that pointed to a patch
that was merged to 10 stable. It sounds promising ...

Log:
   Merge r263091: fix mbuf flags clash that lead to failure of operation
   of IPSEC and packet filters.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-stable-10/2014-March/001111.html

I won't have a chance to try it until after business hours tonight, but
will report back to the list with my results. Alternately, I assume you
also could upgrade to 10.1-RC2 as the MFC for this patch happened back
in March. I may go this route myself and then bump up to RELEASE in a
few weeks when it happens.

r263091, r266800, and r272695 together on 10.0-RELENG works for me.

I didn't test r263091 by itself.

I couldn't get a kernel to boot without crashing with the single patch, (r263091) applied. With all three patches, I can also confirm that the problem is resolved.

And some additional info: I also experimented with using gif + IPsec transport mode instead of enc + IPsec tunnel mode. I was hoping that changing the configuration would work around the issue. Unfortunately, gif + IPsec transport mode was exhibiting the same type of problems that enc + IPsec tunnel mode was, even with a patched kernel ( pf doesn't see the traffic on the gif interface so return traffic gets blocked for lack of a state entry ).

Thanks,

-Matthew