On 12/26/14 10:41 PM, Nikolay Denev wrote:
Hi,

I have a process (bittorrent client) running in a non-default fib and using
a VPN for default gateway:

from /etc/rc.local :

     /usr/sbin/setfib 1 route add $vpn_provider 10.0.0.1
     /usr/sbin/setfib 1 /usr/local/sbin/openvpn --config
/usr/local/etc/openvpn/provider.ovpn
     /usr/sbin/setfib 1 /usr/sbin/service transmission onestart

Then openvpn installs default gateway in fib 1 to point to the tun(4)
interface.

Stil, I'm seeing RST packets from the bittorrent client process to be sent
not via the tunnel, but to the default gateway of the lan which seems
wrong. As if when the kernel generates the RST it does not take into
account the FIB of the socket?
it's possible that you are correct.
I checked that RST and other generated packets used the FIB for the session if it existed when they are generated, but I don't know what they do when a single unexpected packet enters..You may need toset the fib in received packets using either the ipfw setfib command or the ifconfig fib command. The RST should then use the same FIB to respond.

let me know..

Any ideas?