Additionally, pmacct doesn't seem to really work in FreeBSD -- as far as the latest versions go.

Their use of 'return' (with no args) on functions that are meant to return an int flat out makes it unable to compile on FreeBSD.

If you fix those by hand, it compiles, but just seems to segfault -- I didn't get the time to look into it further with GDB.

There's another option that claims to be able to do the same thing (introduce BGP accounting data to normal flows - ntop's nprobe (www.ntop.org/products/nprobe/), but it's not free. I don't know if it works in FreeBSD well either.)

As to the ng_netflow hook, +1, excellent idea.