On 4/01/2016 5:32 AM, HuanHuan wrote:
Hi Rui,

There are no existing applications, but these two calls are for developing new application on 10G links.

Currently I use netgraph, especially ng_socket node. And a simple recvfrom() on a ng_socket costs ~5us or so (200K per second). And there are many netgraph sockets. So it's good to reduce the time by ultilizing send/recvmmsg() if there are these two syscalls. Even a simple-loop like implmentation like linux's will be good as Luigi has suggested.

As the writer of netgraph I would like to point out that it was never designed to be a high throughput service. I'm happy thought that it CAN be used at these speeds but I designed it for prototyping and for serial line speeds. The idea was that once something was prototyped out, one would take the code from all the modules used and create
a special purpose module that dd what you need.
The fact that people have not needed the last step is gratifying but surprising.