Hiya,

On 20 February 2017 at 15:50, Andreas Nilsson <andrn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a laptop with an Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 card (
> iwm0@pci0:4:0:0:
>        class=0x028000 card=0x11308086 chip=0x24f38086 rev=0x3a hdr=0x00 )
> in my thinkpad x1 yoga.
>
> I'm running 12-CURRENT, and wireless is sort of working, although very
> slowly: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet OFDM/54Mbps mode 11a where I would
> expect more. My old trusted access point is a wndr3700 which supports 11n (
> worked fine with my macbook, regularly got 20Mb/s.

The 7260 and later chipset driver (iwm) doesn't yet support 11n or 11ac, sorry!

> I bought a new access point to get that 11ac goodness, but I can barley get
> my new laptop to find the anything on the 5GHz band.
>
> So my questions:
> -Does FreeBSD actually support 11ac yet?

I'm working on it. I have it working in my ath10k driver port, but
there aren't any drivers with 11ac support in -head.

> -Shouldn't my ac8260 support 11n as well?

Yes, but not yet.

> -Should I get different scan results depending on if have my old or new ap
> connected?

Nope, but scanning isn't always going to return the same results.

> -How come my t510 thinkpad (different os btw) can see my 5GHz net on my new
> ap but my yoga does not?

Try "ifconfig -v wlan0 list channel" and let's see what's going on.
Which channel is the 5GHz net on with the new AP?

Thanks,

-adrian