On 24/4/18 12:11 am, John Lyon wrote:
If you found that thread, you found my answer. :-)  I'm one of the posters
on that particular PFSense thread.

In short summary, I have a theory that should work but I haven't tested it
yet due to a lack of opportunity.  The netgraph code that forwards the
EAP-OL traffic works.  The problem is handling the fact that ATT tags all
traffic as VLAN ID 0, which FreeBSD's vlan interface does not support.  I
filed a bug report on the matter, but was told "use Netgraph".  Basically,
you either have to add/remove the vlan 0 tag since you can't create a
virtual interface on vlan 0 like you can in Linux.

ok so here's what you need to do
disable hw vlan so that vlan headers are visible to netgraph
pass BOTH interfaces directly into a vlan0 netgraph node, oriented so the tagged side faces the interface and teh untagged side faces the  (single) eap filter. The NON eap traffic is sent to the "upper" hook of the main interface..  The second interface has nothing attached to its upper hook  (as in teh diagram  sent). The question is whether ALL traffic is vlan 0 or just traffic direct to the RG?

As I said it may be a neat feature to teach the etf node about vlans and even Q-in-Q.

John L. Lyon
PGP Key Available At:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skmedtscs0tgex7/02150BFE.asc