On 03/10/18 22:05, Brooks Davis wrote:
  We are solictiting
feedback on the list of drivers to be excepted from removal.

The current list of drivers slated for REMOVAL is:

ae, bfe, bm, cs, dme, ed, ep, ex, fe, pcn, rl, sf, smc, sn,
ste, tl, tx, txp, vx, wb, xe

Please do not remove rl. I have two rl interfaces in a machine built in 2011 still in daily use. One rl interface is an aftermarket card bought new in *2016*. The other one is built into the motherboard. That's just the stuff I personally own. rl is in lots of machines which will probably still be running a decade from now.

I'm astonished you're considering removing rl given how common it is.

--
J.