18.07.2020 16:16, Alexander V. Chernikov пишет:
18.07.2020, 13:56, "Alexandr Baryshnyev" <a...@abbon.net>:

    Hello everybody.

        I have about 1,500 devices on the network, but in fact the MAC address
table on the central router running Freebsd
    12.0 never contains more than 1000 with small cached records. In the
network, there are short-term random interruptions
    between different hosts and the router. The connection to the Internet on
different computers in the network is lost for
    a short time. No apparent cause of these breaks was found.

How often does this happens and what is the average "short-term" duration?
I'd look into route -n monitor (don't remember if arp state reporting was merged into 12.0) and try to tcpdump arp traffic to get understanding what's happening here.
Also: does this router perform TCP termination of the flows toward Internet?

        There is a suspicion that the MAC address table on the FreeBSD router
has a limited size, about 1000 with a small
    record maximum. Is that so? Is it possible to increase the size of this
table if it is limited? An internet search was
    not successful.

It's not limited.

       Help me, please.

      > arp -an | grep -ve incomplete | wc -l
          1055

"Incomplete" are still entries in the per-interface mac address table. What's
the size with incomplete ones?

arp -an | wc -l
    1183
ifconfig bridge0 addr | wc -l