On 2020-07-25 21:21, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
Yeah, agreed. I think hselasky has a better fix:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24914

I just saw his e-mail in a different thread.
I'm testing out this patch now, and let people know how it goes.. It'll
be nice to not have to worry about these panics..
So far so good...  I am getting these on occasion:
in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed

But that's more that the patch prevented a panic.

The other issue that I'm now seeing is that because we don't forcefully
clear out the multicast task, it can take a good 20+ seconds from the
time a jail is destroyed to the interface appearing again in vnet0.
Pretty sure this is related to the dmesg from above...

Hi,

D24914 just ensures proper draining. Feel free to accept the patch if you think I should submit it. It fixes some problems seen at work too!

--HPS