Kevin Bowling wrote this message on Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 18:31 -0700:
> I was talking with gnn and kevans on IRC about the tcp testsuite
> (https://github.com/freebsd-net/tcp-testsuite).
>
> Currently we maintain this in ports, although the way the port is set
> up doesn't make a lot of sense because the tests are stack specific
> and we don't account for different FreeBSD versions let alone vendor
> trees.  It seems reasonable to me to pull the tests themselves (i.e.
> https://github.com/freebsd-net/tcp-testsuite) into src where they can
> follow along with the tree they are running on, and provide vendors a
> natural point of extension.

Yes, please.

> /usr/tests has some existing examples of relying on out of tree
> binaries to run so I am not convinced we need to import packetdrill
> itself but I don't have a strong preference.  tuexen, do you have any
> preference?

It looks like packetdrill is large enough that it should remain out
of tree, and installed via ports.  Also, packetdrill is GPLv2, which
is another reason to not import the code.

What I did for the crypto tests (which use python), was to only run
them if the necessary binaries are installed, and skip them if not
present.

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 415 225 5579